If you have received a notification flyer from law enforcement
that there is a convicted sex offender living in this
neighborhood. You must comply with the following rules:
You may do the following:
1. Do show and discuss the information you have received
with your full-time employees.
2. Do show the Notification Flyer with your security
officers who are employed by your business at this location.
3. Do keep the copy of the Notification Flyer you have
received in a secure location which is not accessible
to the public.
4. You should remain alert for the presence of this
individual in the vicinity.
5. If you believe that you have seen this individual
in the vicinity and have a reasonable belief that the
offender represents a threat to those under your care
or supervision, you should contact your local law enforcement
Doing the following is inappropriate
and may result in court action or prosecution being
taken against you:
1. Do not share the information in this notification
flyer, or the flyer itself, with anyone who is who is
not a regular employee of your business.
2. Do not share the information in this notification
flyer, or the flyer itself, with the media.
3. Do not post the flyer in a public location, or display
it in a place where it is visible to persons who are
not employees of your business.
4. Do not attempt to harm the offender or his/her property.
Do not attempt to harass the offender or make unsolicited,
unwanted contact. If you believe the individual is a
physical threat to you or children in your care, please
contact your local police.
5. Do not take any action against the offender’s
family, household members or employer that may in any
way harm or harass a person or property.
This flyer is provided to you for
the sole purpose of giving you information that can
assist you in protecting your family. This information
may be publicly available and updated by means of the
Internet at the following site: www.njsp.org.
Click onto the NJ Sex Offender Registry icon . Law enforcement
will notify all appropriate community members, schools,
organizations, residences and businesses. If you are
not certain whether sharing the notification flier with
a particular individual or disclosing the notification
information would be appropriate under particular circumstances,
you should contact the Megan’s Law Unit in the
County Prosecutor’s Office, at for specific direction.